DON’T LET SALES FORGET DMC’s
Decision Maker Calls (“DMC’s”) often forgotten by sales organisations can result in lower conversions. Here are some key items to keep your management happy that the work is being done by sales executives. Some people who are experienced in sales often get out of the habit of prospecting and then a market shift or new competition often gets in the way. Whether in person or by phone, you must ensure your sales teams stay focussed on simple things to maintain new sales.
The road to quality DMC’s
- Work out how you categorise a DMC for your organisation. Often simple metrics can be applied:
- Call duration
- Email dialogue of a meanigful nature
- Actions resulting in a shift to:
- DEAD LEAD
- CALL BACK LATER
- Do not allow your CRM data to be any more honest than your operators. Use other causal factors to assess DMC’s. Be careful of:
- Long calls to answering machines
- Contacts flagged incorrectly on CRM
- Train people to always think about a meaningful conversation and enjoy that
Why are DMC’s so important?
If properly reported and analysed, these ensure your sales people are putting the work in to get new business and continue to build relationships.